Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First Word?

Whenever mommy puts me in my car seat after picking me up from day care, she sits in the back seat with me to talk. This is our special time to get caught up. She tells me how much she loves me and missed me and how cute I am. She kisses me a ton and sometimes I kiss her back. I tell her how my day went - the toys I played with, how much I napped and which of the other babies I hung out with.

Today our chat was extra special. When mommy first got into the back seat, she said hi and I said hi back and waved my hand when I did it. Mommy was surprised that I could do it, but I did. She said I am the smartest baby ever. I guess she wanted me to say it again because she kept saying hi hi hi over and over. Silly mommy. I kept smiling. I didn't say it again, but I did make 'h' sounds . Mommy told me that she could tell that I was concentrating really hard to try to say it again.

Then, mommy called daddy and told him the good news. She sounded so happy on the phone. When daddy came home he said hi to me too so I said hi back. Daddy said I am so smart and kissed me all over.

1 comment: